Feb 22, 2010

Mr. Carter Or Mr. Jones

I was playing Zune on shuffle and it felt like everyother track was either a Jay-Z track with a dope beat and punch lines or a Nas track with mad lyrical content with a deeper rooted meaning. I had recently visted Phillip Annand aka the founder of The Award Tour. And was stuck with the debate of choosing between Wu-Tang and Outkast. I went with Wu-Tang because I grew up listening to it more. No thats not really a legit reason to choose, but at the same time its hard to compare Ol' Dirty Bastard with BrooklynZoo, TheMethod Man with Tical, and  GhostFace with Supreme Clinetele just to name a few. I havent forget about The Chef but I wanted to be fair. Life is all about decisions and if you were forced to make a decision who would you choose? The Boy from Marcy or one of QB's finest? (here ball's in your court)
 
I have been listening to Jay-Z for years and I steer toward Jay-Z because he symbolizes alot more than just music to me. I see a legend in the making, I see someone that came from a hardknock life to sitting in beachchairs. On another note I love the swagger, the way he carrys himself, not to hype, more of a cool ,calm and collected approach. Yes I believe he lost the battle with Nas anyone really fan of battes will see that, but at the same time we won the battle. Jay-Z was paying Nas, he became his boss.

I feel like comparign the two is like comparing Tupac and Biggy really, just for what they stand for now and what Biggie and Pac stood for when they were around and its pretty much the same thing for both guys. Its hard to debate the, because its like comparing a rapper to and MC or Magic to Jordan. MC will move the crowd with an Alife t-shirt and a rapper will flash the crowd with a chain. 



Nas similar to Jay-Z quiet, but I think he has a more assasin feel to him. I feel like you mess with Nas he mess you up to the point where you no longer realize it. A lot of people dont realize how big off a track ETHER was. I was shocked when I 1st heard that track. As a youth Nas wasnt really a favorite because I could comprehend what the man was talking about. Call me slow but as I get older I respect him more as an artist and even more as a man.
This debate is not black and white, its not either or. I can put it up there with whether or not abortion is right or wrong. I think it all comes down to Who stlye most appeals to your life. Thats the best way I can put it, because countless times I have gone album for album and I will say Nas wins when it starts off, but Jay-Z comes back with a very strong finish. Bottom line they are both dope and both legends in there one right, but if you had to choose one who would it be? If you could only have one. Would you choose D'Evils, Hardknock Life, Big Pimpin, Friend or Foe 98' or would you choose Ether, One Love, Book of Rhymes, Shoot 'Em Up. I dont know I know who my choice is. I think by reading you can figure out who my choice is. 

Dont get me wrong I love music and I feel what bother artist are doing but to me there had to be someone on top and there has to be someone that is right behind them. So whats your choice. Jay-Z or Nas. Choose! 
(leave comments)

No comments:

Get Creative: