Feb 24, 2010

A Good Debate

Just think gloabal warming is on the rise, humanity as we know it will surely come to an end or will it we dont know. We can only wait and see what happen depressing it seems, but you just have to live your life and care on untill further notice. one to speak my mind, regardless of the topic and or the situation. I think the debate is just that much better when its really hard to choose between the two subjects at hand. For example Jay-Z or Nas, or Biggie and Tupac. It the big debates we face in everyday life and face when listening to two New York Greats like The Notorious BIG and Raekwon The Chef.



They cant be compared on careers because Raekwons has had a longer career and which is obvious. So Im here to talk about albums. If you listen to Hiphop you will know the 90's almost seemed to be the prime of HipHop music. It has had such an impact that 10 years later we are still talking about hiphop and ol' skool hiphop.

For me growing up Biggie was the guy I would always listen to because he had more commecrcial fame than The Chef. I knew who Wu-Tang was but never really invested my time to listen it was all bout Biggie and Bad Boy.
Its hard to think is there really an album that can be better than this one and that where the debate begins. Bonafide classic. I sit here looking at my Zune and going through the songs as I write this track 3: Gimme The Loot, big track after that is Warning just to name a few. How dare I draw a debate to a legend and then think I have to put the death aside for a moment because if I dont he win this debate automatically. My friends have always been Biggie fans and I think this is because at the time a commerical artist was very big, but we get older and realize that its not about that its about the music and this album is epic. Raw and uncut Biggie had a flow like no other and never wrote his rhymes which only boosted him as an artist. I think this is what makes made Ready to Die such a dope album.


I think its very hard to compare the ablums because no matter what people will look at the face that Biggie has passed and Raekwon has just not to long ago dropped Cubin Linx 2. It is another issue that Ghostface Killah played a big part in the album. He didnt take away from the alum but at the same time he definetly added to it. Two heads against one sometimes can back fire, but in this  case its hard to say because where do you start the deabte? Rawkwon had Ice Cream, Criminology, and Striving Perfection. These arent the dope tracks but definetly my favorites. So do you go track for track, lyrical content like the hiphop magazine do? I dont think so. I think it comes down to orginality, flow, and most of all the last impression each album left on you. I know these arent realist was off camparing albums, but its the only way I see fit. I love the fact that people use to say Rae and Biggie had a beef. Nas even brought it up in a track he made. Im not sure what the entire story was but Im sure it makes for a compelting argument.

So there it is thats my short rant about Ready to Die and Only Built 4 Cubin Linx. I love both albums, but you were to be trapped on an island and your Ipod could only take one of these albums which would it be.





No comments:

Get Creative: