Apr 23, 2010

Jigga vs Hova



I felt all my posts have just been about my art work, but at the same time that what I do, that what I live and breath, but at the same time music has played a big part of my life and I can still remember when I started listening to hiphop and actually repeating verses line for line. The main person I have followed like many other has been the one and only Jay-Z. Today I wanted to throw out the debate what Jay-Z Album holds true to real hip-hop? I have based my own opinions and I feel just because your a fan doesnt mean you have to love everything someone does. I still feel Illmatic is a better album than Reasonable Doubt, but I still love both albums. For me I caught between 3 albums:




These albuns still to this day get heavy rotation form me, just of the strength of lyrical content, I feel like these albums best depict a sign of the times. I feel like when I listen to Reasonable Doubt was a time where the 90's was dealing with the cold war with Russia and everyone believe the government had their hands dipped in everything. (they still do) The Blue Print hands down was next to Reasonable was Hova's biggest album for the mear fact he was beefin with Nas. I wont say the beef was won, but it definetly helped the success of the album and Hard Knock Life was an epic album. Last but not least Black Album was his 1st retirement and it was an star studded album how could you go wrong, every track has the potential to be a hot single as almost seem like it was. I caught between a rock and a hard place. It hard to narrow it down to one album because Im a fan. I can take something from every album and have reasons why I love them. Deep down I know which album I love the most, but its your turn....

-Can I Live
-Smurkone

No comments:

Get Creative: