Aug 26, 2010

The Great Debate Returns

J.Cole vs. Drake


Well it turn of the great debate this time is of two up and comers that have been compared to with the like of Jay-Z and Nas. I'm sure the debate has be floating around blogs and hangout posts all over the North America. Lets begin...


Ill start with Drake for the simple fact I heard about him 1st. Drake has come along way since "Replacement Girl" that also featured a young Trey Songz, but that just it Drake's career has become a career full of features. I'm not knocking the young mans talent, but can you really say Drake would have blown without the help of Young Money? I not sure, but he made it and he is doing it well. It started with a mix tape : "So Far Gone" that turned the world upside down and start the career of the one and only Drake "Drizzy".

I cant say much about J.Cole because I haven't  heard much about him, but what I do know is his mixtape are crazy...Cole rips it on every single track I don't know if its a bad thing, but you can definitely hear his passion is every song, every verse, every word he spits. For me it started with his two mixtapes:


If you've heard the albums then you will know he real and everything he spit ill. I don't know but Ive got to say J.Cole rhymes with more of a meaning behind it like a message. Maybe because of where he from, but it seem like there is so much music out there these days whatever better way to go than to be yourself. Rap what you know about and if you love what your doing keep it going.

It seems like Drake has taken a fast track into rap...it seems like he riding his 15 minutes of fame. which can turn out bad in the end because these days some much music is made it only makes sense to stay in the lime-light and let the masses know that you are still relevant in the music industry. J.Cole has not had as much songs as Drake but has left a lasting impression for with people, where Drake has to keep making music because he doesn't let the fans sit down and take in music. Which begs for the question whose career will last longer? Who will come out on top? Which one of these 2 will be on the XXL crown the new king to the thrown? Its a tough question because their careers have only just started and they're being compared to legends of the industry.

The Longer their careers go on the larger the Debate. i don't think the Jay-Z/ Nas debate will ever die because of the fact that they were once friends and they both made great music at the same time not to mention the very talked about beef they had. When that debate come into play I think Nas won the battle Jay-Z won the war and in war you can have many battles, but it depends of who comes out on top from it all.. Two music video that depict the artist and how their careers have gone thus far. Best I ever has shows that Drakes music appeals to the female audience and since we have more females in the world it not a bad deal. J.Cole's "Who Dat" shows he gets grimey...considering the video below was only one take. He wanted it to feel natural and raw. I wanted to add more but its 5am and I'm tired...






I think personally Drake career wont last as long as J.Cole for the simple reason he has Jay-Z backing him up and he know how that goes. Anything he put his name on is sold like your gettin' it for half price. I don't know you tel me..what you think..

You love something don't stop doing it..EVER!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think both of these guys are doing their own thing and they're doing it really well. What it all comes down to is the fact that they're the two biggest up and comers but aside from that.. really there's not much to compare.

With that being said, I have to go with J.Cole as my favourite. His music has that raw hip hop sound as opposed to Drake's, which has that newer more commercial sound.

They're both talented as hell but J. COLE has my vote.

Unknown said...

Ive got to agree there isnt much to compare for the simple fact that theyre just starting their careers so only time will tell...J.Cole is killin` thanks for the comment

Get Creative: