Mar 9, 2010

Blackbook Fiend

Today among other days I woke up with this awful taste of un-brushed teeth, but I think that's everyone who own a pair of top and down teeth. I have a triple stack of hamburger with frings. (onion rings & fries) Had a epic battle of basketball playground. I must say I am out of shape and the more I think about it winter seems to longer. I came in from losing in 21 and jumped on the computer to see what the rest of the world had been up to. This is what i came across this:

Sketchbook artwork from Only Ny. I love to see the creative side of other artist, the rough process where the ideas and inspiration comes from. Ive got about 7 sketchbooks that I actually like and pull out every now and again to see where I am now and where I'm going. For me its like when NBA players watch each other play and admire the skills displayed on the court like when Lebron talks about Kobe.


This wasnt the only thing I cam across as I usually do these days I check out The Award Tour. I came across his rough works and the process he carrys when he is in his Dungeon as he calls it.


I dont know what it is, but I feel as if creativity has to be spread throughout the world. I love to show off my rough work and then the finally product because it another way of showing the authenticity of the work and how its being made. I wouldnt say I search for it but it I come across it, I bound to dig deeper and see the process that he or she displays. I dont discriminate I am a fan of people that come from the same country I do its not always about America, some dope work come from up north. The phenom "Smolik". Born and raise Canadain dope thing is he paints as well, but thats another story. check him out: Smolik Design.

Coming across new work preferable dry mediums, get me pumped and makes me wanna push more and more. I wanna do more because to me if I'm not doing it someone else is. So I use it as motivation and a way of see whats good out there. Its all about sharing I was never one to share my work which I think made me more creative, but now I second guest what to put up and what not to put up, but its all good cant stip wont stop.


These days its seems like my art has taken a backseat to the illustration based work I use to deal with and if more design based. Im not sure why I kinda just go with the flow but at the same time I think I have to go back to the good ol'days, the glory days and bring back those creative juices. I find artwork like The Brooklyn Cirucs:


I find that art work is self expression in so many ways, its the same with any other medium like music, But enough about me Im taking off So maybe someone can talk about me and my creativity in a blog just like this one day. On that note spread the love and be creative. If you got the skills dont be afraid to display them.

-Be Well
-Smurkone

No comments:

Get Creative: