Oct 19, 2012

Daily Antics: Heavy Rotation


Its been a while and yes this may be said one than once, but I feel like I have come out of my slump and I'm back to wreck havoc on the bored and tired blogs that you may all read. Why am I on the attack I'm not and why should you read my blog cause I don't have an obligation to be nice to anybody other than my brother and my mother. That being said I would like to introduce you to my rotation of music as of late. 

Lets start from the top left. "The Heist" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. I like this album for the one reason hes dope and that claims comes from the fact that when their is a white rapper I have a tendency to listen more because they don't have the came blah, blah, lingo that their black counter parts can use. Their use of words and subject content has to be a lot more creative. Track like; ' Same Love" and "Thrift Shop" make this album a cut above the rest. Well thought out and well put together.  Its a great recipe fro success when you can rap about anything like being gay. Not saying Macklemore is gay, but he touches on a subject that many wont touch. I bought The Heist and am happier because of it.

Yes, its another white rapper. The Albain chef eating, ghost face sounding rapper out of Queens. Government name: Arain Asllani, yeah to be honest I would go by Action if I was him, but that's besides the point. I been listening to Action for a while and the on thing about him this lyrical came is something that is not compared to theses days. The lyrical MC has died and now its just about hot beats and hot hooks. Action can do an acapella and still out rhymes more than half the rappers that are making million dollar hits and I know that its all about the hit, but for the real hip-hop music fan Action Bronson is your artist. From reference about  cooking food...I mean actual food not the one that is always associated with rap music. The track that does it for me "Moonstruck" hot beat that forces you to bob your head. Falls into the category of D-Block which means he wont reach Jay-Z status, but if he does drop a debut album it'll be dope.

Love it or hate it the underdog is on top. Kanye West finally dropped a group album. Although short it still packs a punch. With its slur of hit records. Cruel Summer did just that, made the end of the summer that much hotter. With tracks like "Clique", "Mercy" and "New God Flow" how could you go wrong. You can definitely feel the overall Kanye appeal to the album from its beats to its ora. It was good to hear more of Cyhi, 2 Chainz is still growing on me. Still cant believe he called himself Titty Boy. (Smack my head). I thought Kid Cudi was dead...and did know Teyana Taylor had it in her, but the real reason I even still listen to this album is because of "Don't like"...bottom line., Pusha's intro is bonkers and the hook is ridiculous. Enough said.

We when from Queens to artist all over the state back to New York with the self titles Flatbush Zombies. I started listening to them even before the became the group. When Erick Arc Elliot the architect was doing his this and they used to drop a few mixes ever now and again. Funny how things work because Juice was hating on my website years ago, but we all know Juice really is not needed in the group. I get it though you get put on something why not get your friend on board. That's not hate just facts. I cant seem them doing anything other than this zombies things, but time will tell how far they can survive off blood sucking.

Lupe Fiasco...boy if he came out with this album before "lasers" his career would be in a completely different place. That being said Lupe puts in some work for this one. I'm not one for track lists unless I listened to albums more than 20 times. Its hard not to take in what Lupe is actually saying when he saying. The modern day Talib Kweli altthough he has not passed, he fits right into the thick of things with that style of rap..

Nas has made a triumphant rent to the rap scene. Its nuts that during and after the Jay-Z beef Nas took a bit of slump when it came to coming out with some heat for the streets, but life is good is a great album. From talking about the challenges of being a father to life without a wife I love this album because it brings me back to a time where I started listening to music and started actually paying attention to more of what was going on in stead of just listening to the radio and bumping that. I fee like this albums falls in the the same boat as Illmatic, and Stillmatic. Not saying this album compares to theses great albums. From the cover the last song "Trust". Nas has built a reputation of telling a store and this album doesn't shy away from his life story. 

To the left coast we go and possibly the dopest artist on Black Hippy Ab-Soul goes hard (Pause). Yeah I'm that confident in my opinion to say Ab-soul might be the dopest. Control system is his latest venture and the track that has me going is track #2. The beat alone makes me lower my windows and has be speeding life I have nothing to lose and everything to gain like a speeding ticket. Ab-Soul looks like a crazy dude that gets high all the time, but when you sit and listen to his music you will understand where and why he is suck s heat maker. Like I said he might be the best in black hippy, but then again nobody ha been able to touch Kendrick in while. Bump track number 2 and you will see where I'm coming from.

For the people that have followed me blog and social network handles they would know that I am a big Jay-Z fan and this week its the Black Album. The album he made on his first retirement, you could not go wrong for the obvious fact that he took his favorite producers and hand picked. I don't think I have a favorite track from this album. Front to back its a good listen. and still relative in my life. "From Moment of Clarity", "Threats", "Encore" this album is a classic.
When you think Odd Future you think Tyler, Earl and Mellow Hype. Then you think about the leftovers like Taco, and Domo. Just so happens that Domo geneses night be the realest member of the group. You have to remember were talking about kids when you think of Odd future and what do kids do they act like asses and kick shit and sweat. Which is probably why the hype has died off. No Idols is still a shocker, because I never thought he had it in him. I know Alchemist does his things, but overall this album is growing on me.

Last but not least is when G-Unit's "Beg for Mercy" has to be my all-time favorite. Way back in 2003 when G-Unit has the record sales, the hot new shit and were untouchable. With a mix tape every week dissing everyone including you grandmother. Lloyd Banks was in his prime, Young Buck had that south on lock and Game wasn't in the picture. Feel like it was only yesterday, but every now and again gangsta rap can still be humorous and enjoyed. Being flashes, cocky and show boating is the name of the game and the Gorilla Unit was just that back in the day.

That wraps up this weeks of Heavy Rotation...Ill be back in two weeks to talk about what else I have on my plate. Till next time folks, but in the mean time. Let me know what you think Leave a comment.

No comments:

Get Creative: